Next #CultureChat: Culture and Technology
Okay, I apologize for being one week late with Culture Chat–Maddie and I were with a client last Thursday so we couldn’t pull it off. But we think this topic is worth waiting for, Culture and Technology:
Technology doesn’t just impact productivity and efficiency–it can shape your culture. How you use intranets, internal online communities, and even basic information sharing tools will end up pushing your culture in one direction or another, so you’d better make it intentional. There are also specific technologies designed to shape culture that can be employed. We’ll look at all of this during this chat (and might even extend it to next month as well).
Here are the questions we’re thinking about:
- In what ways does technology impact culture?
- How do you use technology to create a culture of transparency?
- What does going “all in” on digital do to your culture?
- How do you deal with it when culture is slowing down technology adoption?
- How have communication technologies (namely email, but also slack, etc.) impacted workplace flexibility, remote working & therefore culture?
- How does the advent of social media technology affect workplace relationships & culture?
This #CultureChat will be on Twitter tomorrow, Thursday, November 5th, at 1:00pm U.S. eastern time. Join us and spread the word!